Thứ Tư, 15 tháng 7, 2009

Birds and more birds


Recently, I've been seeing birds everywhere. Whether they're used in graphics on websites like Laura Ashley and Graham & Green, or on the High Street with bird cage necklaces aplenty, it seems to me that our feathered friends have hit the mainstream as a trend.

It's not the bright, colourful flamingos or peacocks of last year, either. Instead they're the small, softly-coloured birds that you're more likely to find in your back garden.

Why is this? Personally, I think it represents a return to a more natural, organic, comforting symbolism. The bird imagery I'm seeing is delicate, pretty and vintage, evoking a mood more in tune with comfort, homeliness, and eco-friendliness. Take, for example, the Hampton Court flower show that I recently visited where "eco" was the word of the day. A lot of the stalls displayed many bird-inspired garden products, from plant supports to outdoor napkin holders... (check back later for my full report on this wonderful event!).

In tune with this, I'd like to share some of this great bird imagery I've discovered recently. Please visit my Polyvore set above to see some of what I think are the best examples of wallpaper, cushions and jewellery in this trend.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about this recent trend!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét