Thứ Hai, 6 tháng 9, 2010

My garden transformation

My garden
Bird house
My garden shed - after
My garden bench
Bistro table and chairs
My Garden - before
As you may know, I have been doing a lot of gardening recently. Firstly, because the weather has been so nice and secondly my house was a building site due to the new kitchen being installed. So, I finally finished my garden!

We started the garden a few years ago by putting up new fences to the right, fixing the fence to the left and back and giving them all a fresh lick of green paint. We removed the broken shed and gave the play house on the left hand side of the garden a makeover. You can read more about my garden shed here.

I cut a large oval shape out of the grass using a piece of string and nails to get the shape. Then around the edges I planted lots of lavender that I had grown from seed, Clematis to hide my water butt and to grow along the top of the fences, and castor oil plant, green bushes and grasses so the garden would stay green all year round. Finally, white petunias, campanula and 'silver dust' to add colour.

As well as a patio outside our kitchen, which we set up with an outdoor dining table and chairs for alfresco eating and barbecues, we used to have a second smaller patio at the back of the garden next to my garden shed. Apart from the barbecue and a few potted plants it was mostly empty and rarely got used. So, I got to thinking that I should make it more inviting with a place to sit, some lighting, and more plants and greenery.

We graveled over the patio stones and I bought a bench, painted it white and made a few cushions for it. I cleaned up our old bistro chair and tables and painted the woodwork white. I hung solar-powered lanterns and put up some vintage ice cream tin signs, and put potted flowers into some pretty enamel buckets. Voila: with the final stage of my garden transformation done, my outdoor lounge was finished!

Have a sweet day!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét