Thứ Ba, 10 tháng 3, 2009

Vintage telephone

Vintage telephone
A friend and I recently bought a 1970’s cream rotary phone from Alfie’s market as a birthday present for a mutual friend. That got me interested in finding one for my newly decorated craft room! I asked my parents if they still had any of their old phones, and my Dad found a couple in the attic: a cream one that was a bit worn around the edges, and a two-tone brown one. It had to be the cream one!

After a thorough cleaning, the phone looked much better, but there were still problems: both the line and receiver cords were grey and stained with ink, and the plastic middle section was missing.

After a bit of searching, I found a great online store (dialtelephones.co.uk) that sells missing phone parts for phones from the 1960’s and 1970’s. I designed myself a new centre dial and I was ready to go! It only took about ten minutes to fit the new parts, and I'm so happy with the results!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét