Thứ Tư, 17 tháng 2, 2010

Butterfly themed tea & cakes

Butterfly Mosaic
I spent this Valentine's day at my adorable niece's Christening. My sister's wedding was butterfly themed so she asked me if I could make some butterfly cupcakes in pink and turquoise with which to decorate the Christening cake. Well, how could I refuse! I adore little Molly and wanted to make the day really special for her.


Christening cake
Butterfly cake
Butterfly cake
Butterfly cake
As is tradition in England, the bride keeps the top tier of her wedding cake for her first baby's Christening. To decorate the cake I removed the original organza ribbon and crystal trim and replaced it with a single row of polka dot ribbon and pink rik-rak. I then attached the pink and blue iced butterflies with a spot of royal icing. My Mum made a second square cake and iced it for the bottom level. On this level I used two rows of polka dot ribbon and pink rik-rak and attached butterflies as above.

I will soon be posting the recipes and how to make all the butterfly themed goodies!

Have a sweet day!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét